We're Hiring a Creative Director
We're after a Creative Director to help us grow – could that be you?
Role: Creative Director
Contract type: Full-time
Mighty/Third Floor is looking for a Creative Director. After recently acquiring Third Floor, we're after someone who's hungry for a new challenge and ready to help us grow.
This is the big one – the first officer, if you will. Alongside our managing partner, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all design projects in our studio and developing amazing brand propositions for projects of all shapes and size – from exciting start-ups to global giants.
It’ll be up to you to steer the ship, raise the creative bar and make us famous through our creative work. It’s very much a hands-on role – we’re expecting to find someone who likes to get stuck in, working alongside our design team to develop creative concepts and inspire bold thinking and unexpected ideas across the studio. We work with businesses that are in a state of change, and we want someone who can think around a problem and come up with a brilliant brand solution.
What the role will look like
- Act as our creative lead on all projects, delivering world-class creative
- Be accountable for our team of designers, providing input, feedback and steering them in the right creative direction
- Think disruptively – it’s up to you to approach projects from different angles and successfully provide a creative solution to the challenges our clients bring forward
- Encourage creativity across the studio – not just with our designers!
- Mentor our more junior members of the team to help them grow in their career journey
- Lead on pitches and presentations to clients, helping them to understand the solutions we’ve put in place
- You’ll be looking to define what makes Mighty/Third Floor famous and helping us to grow the agency
What you’ll be like to work with
- You have high expectations of yourself and your team
- You’re thoughtful and can articulate yourself well to our clients, but also everyone in the agency
- You’re able to share ownership – we’re a big believer in the team effort while recognising our MVPs
- You’re open to new ideas and ways of working
- You have a diverse background and have worked with a wide range of clients
- You’re a great problem solver and able to make decisions on the fly
- You’re committed and confident without being cocky – no divas, please
- You’re motivated, positive, and up for a challenge
Your experience and knowledge
At Mighty/Third Floor, looks aren’t everything. We want someone who can produce beautiful visual work, but who is also interested in work that shapes products and experiences. We’re also after:
- BA / MA degree in design
- The usual: expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud’s design suite. We shouldn’t have to say it, but we might as well cover the bases!
- You’ve worked on a wide range of brand projects, with a good background in digital design
- You’re a strategic thinker that’s used to handling big projects and making sure everyone else in your team is on track
- A great planner who constantly thinks ahead about the needs of the team, the project, and the client — able to prioritise and understand resourcing needs
- Someone who can keep up with dynamic and fast-moving engagements
- A team leader who can work seamlessly with our digital and marketing teams
- Someone with a strong background of developing good client relationships
- Above all else? A brilliant designer
Sound good? Apply now by emailing your portfolio (PDFs/web links please) to email@example.com
We're also looking for a Senior Graphic Designer - if that's more your speed, head on over there.